Yesterday I took a walk from town to Camp Markleeville and back and thought I’d pick up some litter along the way. Thankfully, the road conditions “litter-wise” were nothing like the image below!
Here’s my tally:
- 4 beer cans
- A couple bottles
- About 5 of those plastic tabs used on roads before they are paved
- A two-foot piece of frayed plastic rope
- A small piece of styrofoam-like plastic wrap
- A large Taco Bell cup.
What I didn’t see:
- No Gu “wrappers”
- No Powerbar or similar wrappers
- No accidently discarded cycling water bottles
- No banana peels
- Basically, nothing that a cyclist would drop (either intentionally, or not).
So all in all not too bad (especially compared to Bay Area roads) but I was especially impressed with my fellow cyclists.
No cycling related garbage at all! Well done cyclists and thank you for keeping the area clean of debris. You rock!